Thursday, May 26, 2011

Carter's 3!!!

I must confess to getting a little emotional last night when it came time to put Carter in bed.  As I was reading to him I couldn't stop thinking that my sweet baby, my 1st baby, is now a big boy. :( *sniff*  I know people say this all the time, but it REALLY does feel like yesterday that I was heading to the hospital to have him.  Roughly 22 hours after checking in to the hospital, our sweet baby boy arrived!  I can still feel that excitement!  I love both of my babies, but there is definitely something special about the first born.  That excitement and anticipation of being a first time parent, learning everything for the first time....it's all so special.  

So...about my Carter....

  He is the sweetest little boy I know.  He is SO helpful, loves to clean up his toys, help mommy around the house, help daddy in the yard.   He surprises me so often with what all he is capable of when it comes to working and cleaning.   I'm so thankful he has inherited his daddy's servants heart.  He is a giver, through and through. :)   And loving.....he will give hugs and kisses to pretty much anyone.  He loves to cuddle and won't go to sleep at night without a hug.   When he sees his mommy, daddy or sister act like they are in pain, he wants to know where is their "boo boo"?  When you show him, he will pray for you, then kiss it.  Then he'll ask, "all better?"  

  He's the best big brother....always concerned about "baby Shae'".  He gets upset when she has to take a nap because he wants her in the room with him.  Every morning when he sees her for the first time, he smiles and gives her a big hug and kiss.  I can't wait to see their relationship grow.

  He's learning like crazy right now.  He knows his alphabet, most of his shapes and colors and can count to 20.  He can spell his name and quote several scriptures.  He also knows COUNTLESS songs.  I'm amazed by this.  He will hear a song one time and a week later I'll hear him singing it out of the blue....and he'll know all the words.  The kid amazes me with something new everyday. 

  I love you Carter.  You have changed our lives forever.  You are just what our family needed.   

Below is a song I wrote for Carter when he was newborn.  I sang it to him everyday for at least the first year.  Now he can sing it with me and we sing it together to Shae' sometimes :)


"I love you Carter
 I love you Carter
Yes, oh yes, oh yes I do
I love your little toes
And your button nose
I love you Carter
I love you Carter
Yes, oh yes, oh yes I do
And when you grow up
When you're all grown up
I'll still be loving you"

Happy Birthday Carter!!!

His last night as a 2 year old :)

His birthday breakfast :)

My handsome little man :)

No comments: