Thursday, September 20, 2012

California Adventure Part 4: Goodbye & Meeting Evy's Tree

After 4 weeks in California, the adventure is coming to an end.  We are packing up today and starting our drive back this evening.  I cannot begin to tell you how READY I am to be in my own house again.  A month is so long to be away.  I miss my bed so much I can't stand it!  I am very excited to get back to our routine too.  There is definitely no place like home!  The only hard part is having to say goodbye to Tom :/  He will drive us home then fly back down here on Monday.  We will be going every two weeks between his visits now and I am not looking forward to that. 

Since visiting Disney almost 2 weeks ago, not much has happened for us.  We were so exhausted after that weekend, we were happy just to laze around the room for the most part.  Shae' did give us some excitement with her head injury less than an hour after returning from Disney.  If you follow me on FB you know the story.  The short version is she bumped it on the edge of the coffee table in our room and ended up with this........



Lovely, right?  Ugh....we ended up taking her to the doctor's office the next morning and had it glued.  Talk about stressful.....I had to lay on top of her on the doctors table to hold her down while they glued it.  She screamed like mad and it took all I had not to end up in tears myself.  BUT, when it was over, we made it all better with some frozen yogurt :)



Seriously, this girl!  She has had 4 MAJOR falls since we've been down here.  It's been stressing me out a bit.   She will always keep me on my toes, that's for sure!

So, besides her mishap with the table, last week was pretty uneventful.  We ventured out some and did a little shopping, hit the park, met with our sweet friends Jamie and Ayla Prado for lunch and had a lot of down time in the room.  I had originally mentioned a photo shoot in my first blog.  We were scheduled to be involved in Dainty Buttons fall photo shoot last Saturday.  We were excited for as we have never done anything like that before and I'm a big supporter of her business.  (You can visit her shop here www.daintybutton.etsy.com)   Well, she ended up with an injury last week and had to reschedule the shoot for this weekend.  Yeah, bummer we can't be a part now, but I'm sure it will turn out fabulous!

Sunday, Tom worked half a day, so we ended up going to Sunday evening service in San Jose at Bro. Shoemake's church.  Great church, sweet people.  We thoroughly enjoyed it!

This week, we enjoyed dinner with our friends, the Prado's.  Then it's been packing, packing for me.  But Tuesday, the kids and I took the day and drove to Santa Rosa to visit Amy.  Do any of you have an Evy's Tree hoodie?  Well, Amy is the owner of Evy's Tree.  We have never met before,  but I'm a big supporter of hers and we actually had tried to meet up for coffee back in May when we were in SF visiting and they were going to be in the city too,  but it ended up not working out.  Then earlier this month, Tom and I were going to drive to Santa Rosa for service one Sunday and hang out after with Amy and Brandon and the kids, but Evy broke her clavicle the night before and we had to cancel.   It ended up working out nicely, though.  Tom worked late Tuesday, so the kids and I drove over and Amy was so gracious to have us in her lovely home. The kids played and we chatted.  Jake and Evy are both just a little older than Carter and Shae', so the kids were thrilled to have playmates.  We did dinner at a great local pizza shack there, then back to the house where the kids played and we had coffee and chatted some more.  Amy, THANK YOU for opening your home to us and letting us interrupt your busy day.  We enjoyed it so much!  Here's a few pictures I snapped before leaving.  The quality is horrible, so please excuse.  It was the best I could get.


                                                    Carter and Evy

                  Carter, Evy and Shae'. (jake was already in bed)


BTW, the Evy's Tree website has some items listed at discounted prices.  While she is waiting for the manufactured line to debut early next year, go check out the items she has available now:  www.evystree.com.  I own at least 10 Evy's Tree items and I love every one of them!

That pretty much wraps up our California Adventure.  The month has really flown by.  As much as I've missed home, I'm really glad we did this.  It's something we will likely never do again, but what a great experience!  And most of all, it's been so great being with Tom this whole time.  We are going to miss him SO much!  I can only hope the next few months go by just as fast so we can resume our normal life at home together again :)

No comments: