Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Full-Time Job


There is a saying that nothing is more rewarding than parenting.....and while I have found this to be so true, the flip side to that is...nothing is more frustrating than parenting (at times). I am so new at this "parent" business and I am finding that there are definately good days and bad days. Yea...you hear it all the time when you're about to become a parent, but you don't realize the truth to those words until you are there yourself. Carter has been the best thing that has ever happened to me....but the last few weeks have been very frustrating and my patience has been tried over and over. And to be quite honest, a lot of my days have looked like this picture. I am learning the frustrations that come along with parenting.....the crying when you can't figure out what is going on....the late nights and early mornings, the helplessness when the crying just won't stop....yea..it's all true...every parent experiences it. Maybe I was just blessed not to experience it all in the beginning....maybe we're just now catching up with all the other new parents out there? One thing I do know, a little guy is teaching me a LOT of patience but also giving me a whole lot of love...which makes it all worth it ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember those days...I know that it doesn't feel like it now, but it goes by sooooo fast. Before you know it, you will wonder where those days went. Every mom only has so much patience, but I know that you are a GREAT mommy! Hang in there!