Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Goodbye

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all."  Ecclesiastes 9:10-11

We don't know when our time will come.  It's as simple as that.  For some, it seems it comes too soon.  "Goodbye" has to be the saddest word in the dictionary.  Tonight, we had Tom's parents over for dinner.  As they left and were saying their goodbye's, Carter stood at the door crying because "goodbye" is not easy.  At 2 years old, he doesn't understand how quickly tomorrow will be here and he will see them again.   And I guess at 29 I don't understand how quickly 'tomorrow' will come and we'll see our dear Sis. Kern again.  I must not, because when the news came today of her passing I wept.  Well, cried really.  Hard actually.  You see, 'goodbye' never gets any easier.  Even when we know it's not really 'goodbye', but more like, 'see you soon..save me a seat!'   The one bit of comfort comes in knowing that her suffering is over.  I'm sure she's already lining everyone out in Heaven and making sure they're all busy! haha  That's just Sis. Kern :)

This song has been on my mind this week and I've played it often.....

On that day when I see all that You have for me
When I see You face to face
There surrounded by Your grace
All my fears swept away in the light of Your embrace
Where Your love is all I need
And forever I am free

Where the streets are made of gold
In Your presence healed and whole
Let the songs of Heaven rise to You Alone

No weeping, no hurt or pain, no suffering
You hold me now, You hold me now
No darkness, no sick or lame, no hiding
You hold me now, You hold me now

I'm so glad she is free from pain, in her new body.  We weep, but her days of weeping are over!  She received her ultimate healing.  And we know we'll see her again....one day.

Like the old song says...."I've got more to go to Heaven for than I had yesterday"


We love you Sis. Kern.  You will be greatly missed.

 The Kern's with Shae' the day she was born. 
 We'll treasure this picture always!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well written Lana. We all should remember what a blessing it is to be around positive people, like Sis. Kern.
The glass was never half empty or half full.....she would see an empty glass and convince anyone around her that it was completely FULL!! And God would take care of it all if we trust him and truly live for him. She will be greatly missed. A few of the words I think of when thinking of her....
Joy, Consistency, Passion.
I Love you Sis. Kern! Thank you for loving and caring for my family for 28 years! See you soon ;-)