Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Rough Day

There's nothing profound in this post.  It's been a rough day!  Carter isn't feeling well and Shae' has been fussy since last evening.  I've tried desperately the last 2 days to get a nap but although Carter has napped well, Shae' has chosen the last 2 afternoons to fuss at the only time I could be sleeping.  This has made for a very tired mommy :(   I did manage to get her settled this afternoon and laid down on the bed with her on my chest.  It was wonderful!  I think I started drooling instantly. HA!  But right as I got into a good sleep, Carter was crying and coughing really hard.  I ran to his room to see if he was throwing up and he wanted to be held.  I still had Shae' in my arms (who was now awake and crying too).  I sat in the floor of his room holding both kids as all 3 of us cried.  What a day!   I've been chanting, "This too shall pass" under my breath all evening. 


BUT, in the midst of all of it I was able to snag these pics today. 

Made it all worth it :) 

2 comments:

ClassyCreationsbyKristy said...

Wow!! Sounds like you had a day!! I somewhat remember these days. When Ally was 9 months I got pregnant with Riley and so they are about 15 months apart. BOY let me tell you it's not easy. Even to this day with them being 4 1/2 and 6 there are days when I just want to pull my hair out. Hang in there!! I know that we have never "officially" met but I really have enjoyed having you as a friend. I really do know what you are going through. My only "advice" is hold tight to your time with them being this little. People use to tell me that all the time. I look back and it's SO true!! I look at your pictures of Shae' are DARLING.. makes me miss mines being that little.. She has such a precious face!! You have beautiful kids Lana!! Keep doing what your doing.. it will get easier =)

Prayin' for you!!

xo

Kristy

melodywedergren said...

Awe! Lana I think you're a great mom! I hope you're able to get a little more sleep soon! Love ya!